Knuston Farm Extended for Farming Simulator 2015.
Knuston farm is a map more or less based on real life, its an area of chosen land from right out of my back door and some where I know like the back of my hand. The main farm in real life is actually called Knuston High Farm and is an old farming business that has been going for a long long time, there business is pretty much arable farming and even though they have there own land they also do a lot of contracting around large parts of Northamptonshire. I have kept the map layout as real as possible with all fields being in the correct position by making a map tattoo from a scale 2km by 2km print screen of that area, I have also used a modified version of the DEM for this map. Keeping with real life the map is mostly geared up for arable farming which is obvious from the layout though there is some grass to be cut as well. New to the extended version is the railway line, as I have only added in the goods line the fields the other side are made up though kept the similar pattern and theme and have some what kept the layout realistic.
What was done?
After starting various other map projects and failing to complete them for various reasons I decided to ask myself questions over map making, I worked out what I wanted in a map and for what the map would be used for. I did not buy a forestry game so I have not added anything for forestry, even though I have been very careful when making my map in terms of performance and trying to make everything as tidy as possible I still prefer detail and I like my maps to look very pretty. I cant stress enough this map is quite intensive on most computers including my own, I wont change this and its just my style and maybe its a shame Giants didn’t make better gaming engines that would allow such detail.
Need to know:
This map and as always has been aimed at creating luscious scenery full of greenery just like in life, so the use of trees, bushes and hedges is very high and in fact there is near on or about 4500 trees in this map, so please understand that a decent computer medium to high spec will be needed to play on higher settings. Now with addition of now land those tree figures are likely to be another third higher.
- Multi terrain and hire mod tutorial implemented,
- Few natural sounds added,
- All foliage is altered in shape and size as well as textures changed,
- Cows, sheep and chickens implemented,
- Chopped straw mod added, original swathes have also been altered to look more tidy and fuller,
- Yard cluttered with tools, objects and decals,
- All gates open and shut manually,
- Buyable fields with custom buy signs.
- Many many fixes that where mentioned from the previous version,
- Railway line added in place of real life midland mainline railway (goods line),
- Vastly extended the land the other side of the railway line,
- Added a large smart BGA facility within the new land,
- Added small farm yard within new land (very small only couple of features, more a stop gap),
- Made new PDA map that is very different to anything else I have seen (easy to read, clean and smart),
- New foliage layers added across the map to brighten everything up (Wild flowers and bushes),
- Animated horses added to replace the static ones at edge of map,
- Animated balloon with sound, fire and lights up on very long spline (so it don’t appear all the time),
- Working Class 222 meridian in East Midlands Trains livery as a seven car consist, Speeding past at 93mph with real sounds taken from Train simulator 2015, working horn which comes on for 3 seconds every 50 seconds, at 2100 hours the train automatically lights up (windows, cab and red/yellow lights),
- This map has been made soil mod ready for the enthusiast,
- Cut grass changed for realism.
- Marshall pack,
- Animation map trigger,
- Chopped straw mod.
Soil mod information:
You can use this map with or without soil mod, if you want to play soil mod then you need to add the mod that is linked below. If you want to play the map like any other map or default map then make sure you dont have or move the soil mod from your mods folder.
NI Modding, @Andrei Valentin, Webalizer, VertexDezign, Dennis Busch, Spider100, sandgroper, Myself, Adrian S, Jack S, David H, Alex T, Regan H, Pooley010.