Have you ever wanted to make a transport convoy, or just be able to; cut grass – dry it – rake it – bale it – wrap it – pick it up, with multiple tractors all in one go? With the ‘Follow Me’ mod, a vehicle can be told to follow after another vehicle.
- Added BaleWrapper unloading.
- Ability to pause a follower (wait/resume).
- Stop engine when follower is stopped (other mods override this).
- If baler is 95% full, then slower driving.
- Hungarian translations by pokers.
- Polish translations updated by Ziuta.
- French translations updated by bbj89.
- Russian translations updated by Gonimy_Vetrom.
How to use it
Before telling about the controls, here’s a list of known problems that may occur when you use it:
– The speed of followers may not always be 100% accurate as it could be, with regards to how fast/slow they should drive when following the “trail”.
– Some vehicles may start to zig-zag, in the attempt at following the “trail”, due to trying to touch every “trail crumb”. This is most obvious when reaching a turn at high speeds, and trying to “get back on track”.
– Turning on beaconlights, when having set up a circular convoy – i.e. vehicle-A follows vehicle-B follows vehicle-C follows vehicle-A – will make the beaconlights repeatedly turn on and off.
The action-keys, which can be changed in Options – Controls, are defined in two sets:
Myself – For the vehicle the player is driving:
RIGHT CTRL + F = Start/stop following the vehicle that is in front (if possible).
RIGHT CTRL + H = Pause/resume following the vehicle that is in front.
RIGHT CTRL + A/D = Adjust left/right offset when following, in steps of 0.5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + A/D = Invert the offset.
RIGHT CTRL + W/S = Decrease/increase following distance, in steps of 5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Behind – To control the vehicle that is following behind me (if any):
RIGHT SHIFT + F = Stop the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + H = Pause/resume the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + A/D = Adjust the follower’s left/right offset, in steps of 0.5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + A/D = Invert the follower’s offset.
RIGHT SHIFT + W/S = Decrease/increase the follower’s distance to me, in steps of 5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Note: Each set of action-keys must use the same modifier-key!
Switching it on/off
Do please note that, when loading a new map or savegame, the vehicles have not yet placed enough “trail crumbs” for other vehicles to follow. So do remember to drive the leading vehicle some distance, before setting up the follower vehicle.
To follow some vehicle, point your own vehicle towards it and press the start action (RIGHT CTRL + F).
If no “trail crumbs” can be found, or the vehicle already is followed by another, a warning will appear and you will have to either move a little bit further towards/back, or change to follow another vehicle.
It is possible to “pause” driving, and then later “resume” following the leader’s trail, using the wait/resume action (RIGHT CTRL + H).
To stop following, press the same action again (RIGHT CTRL + F).
Distance and offset
The follow distance can be set using RIGHT CTRL + W/S, in increments of approximate 5 meters. Positive values are “keep back” distance (up to +250), and negative values are “in front” (up to -50).
Do please note that vehicles that have no traffic-collision-triggerboxes or not configured correctly, will not be able to detect when/if they collide into the leading vehicle or some other vehicle – so you better set the distance further back.
Left/right offset is set using RIGHT CTRL + A/D, in increments of approximate 0.5 meter.
If a follower has a turned on round-baler or a bale-wrapper, it will now automatically unload the bale. Please note; primarily only the vanilla Baler/BaleWrapper scripts are supported, so some mod balers may not work as intended.